Do you like avocado fries? Although it is higher in calories than other similar foods, it is one of our most favorite snacks. These are the perfect combination of crispy and creamy taste that is loved by so many fried food lovers. In this article, I will demonstrate to you how you can prepare air-fried avocado at home. I hope after the read, you will be able to cook this delicious dish at your first attempt. If you do not have an air fryer then don’t worry. I will give you some suggestions regarding this at the end.
Nutrient content – Air Fryer Avocado
50 gm or one-third of a fresh avocado contains below nutrient content –
The table shows that avocado is rich in fat. Therefore, the calory content is higher. Other than these, avocado is full of vitamins and minerals. The most prominent vitamin is Vitamin C and E. Besides, riboflavin, vitamin B6, folate is also present in a small amount.
Apart from vitamin, fresh avocado is also rich in different kinds of minerals. The prominent mineral is potassium. Besides, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and manganese are also present in a substantial amount. Very few food items you can find like avocado that contains such a huge number of vitamins and minerals.
What are the health benefits of eating avocado? Firstly, avocado is full of so many nutrients. It contains more potassium than bananas. It is rich with monosaturated fatty acids. Therefore, avocado oil is resistant to heat-related oxidation. It makes the oil a healthy option for cooking. Secondly, avocado is rich in good fiber that is important for weight loss. Besides, it also can lower the cholesterol level.
- Ripe avocado – 3 pcs
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Eggs – 2 pcs
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Lime juice – as per taste, not mandatory
- Choose ripe avocados for better taste. Cut each of these in two equal pieces. Scoop each of the halves and cut again into 5 equal slices. Cut the slices lengthwise and try to make the pieces uniform in size.
- Take two separate bowls. Put the breadcrumbs, black pepper, salt, and parmesan cheese in one of the bowls and mix the ingredients. In the other bowl, take the eggs and whisk properly.
- At first, dip the sliced avocados in the egg and right after that coat it with the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure the coating is uniform.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 3 to 5 minutes. Preheating is not mandatory but it is important for equal and uniform heat distribution.
- If the basket of your air fryer is not non-stick, then sprinkle non-stick spray.
- Now place the avocado slices on the basket. If the basket size is 2-quart, then the optimal quantity is 10 pieces. Do not place the slices in double stacks.
- Set the temperature of your air fryer at 350°F and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Now remove the basket and flip the slices and cook again at the same parameter.
- Cooldown a bit before serving. You can sprinkle some salt and lime juice if necessary. You can also dip it into your favorite sauce.
What are the best air fryers for avocado fries?
When you have an air fryer recipe, you should see the parameter first to choose the right air fryer for it. For air-fried avocado, the required temperature is 350°F. All types of air fryers in the market will be able to reach this temperature. However, if you are in a medium or large family, then you can choose Ninja 5.5-quart air fryer – AF 161. This model can be applicable for small families but if you want to save some money, then you can go for a 2-quart air fryer. I can suggest you Dash 2 qt compact air fryer – DCAF150GBRD02 as a popular choice.
Have you already tried it with your air fryer? Let us know how did it taste. If you are not satisfied, then repeat a few times. You will get a better taste every time. That’s the process of becoming a better cook. Do you have any other recipe idea with an air fryer? You can mention it in the comment section. If you find my article helpful, do not forget to share it with others. Happy cooking!