Do you know the best recipe for air fryer chicken breast? In this article, I am going to guide you on how you can prepare a perfect meal with chicken breast by your air fryer. after the read, I hope you will be able to cook this recipe on your own. There are so many ways to cook chicken. You can roast, grill, fry, or even make chicken curry. Oh, I forgot about rotisserie chicken. Whatever the method is, it is very challenging to maintain the juiciness. People often claim that they make it hard and dry all the time. At the end of the recipe, I will also recommend a process that will help you make the chicken juicy as well.
Nutrient content – Chicken Breast (100 gm)
- Calories – 165
- Fat – 3.6 gm
- Protein – 31 gm
- Carbohydrate – 0 g
Chicken breast is a high protein, low fat, and zero carbohydrate food. Therefore, the majority of the calories (more than 80%) come from protein and the remainder comes from fat. This nutrition content is for the raw state. When you add ingredients such as seasoning items, oil, cheese, and so on, the nutrition fact will be changed accordingly. Other than these, it contains a small amount of Vitamin A and C. Mineral contents include sodium, potassium, calcium, and iron.
Ingredient – Air fryer chicken breast recipe
- Flour – ¼ cup
- Bread crumb – ¾ cup
- Parmesan (grated) – 1/3 cup
- Cayenne pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon zest – 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt – as per need
- Egg – 1 large
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Boneless chicken breast – 2 pcs
- Take three bowls at a time. Put the beaten egg in one bowl and flour in the other.
- Add all other ingredients – bread crumb, parmesan, salt, lemon, and so on – in the third bowl and mix well.
- Take one piece of the chicken, dip into the flour first, then egg and finally into the bread crumb mixture. Press the coating so that it sticks to the chicken and does not peel off.
- Press the preheat button of your air fryer. If it does not have a preset mode, then preheat at 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Now place the chicken into the basket of the air fryer. Cook it for 10 minutes at 390°F. Flip the chicken when you reach halfway. Cooking time is nothing fixed. You can cook until the surface of the chicken gets golden.
Recommended air fryers for cooking chicken breast
If you are a chicken lover, then along with chicken breast, you may be interested to cook other chicken recipes such as air fryer chicken wings, or air fryer rotisserie, and so on. For preparing rotisserie chicken conveniently, you need a special type of air fryer with rotisserie function. If you are a gourmet, eat a little more than usual, then you may need air fryers with racks to get the maximum cooking surface. But if you are happy with a limited food basket and concerned with the budget, you can select a 2-quart air fryer. Some recommendations can be dash 2-qt compact air fryer, or Philips 2.75-quart air fryer and so on.
Should I add oil when cooking the chicken breast?
It is a good question. I always suggest adding a little olive oil when cooking with your air fryer. It will work in two ways – it will make the food tastier and saves the coating from sticking to the basket.
Should I brine my chicken?
If you have time in hand, you can brine the chicken breast for 30 minutes. It will make the chicken juicer and tastier. It is a simple process. You can put the chicken in warm water and salt solution for 30 minutes.
What is the temperature and time to cook chicken breast?
I suggest to set between 370°F to 400°F. You can cook for 10 minutes. However, the cooking time may be vary for different types of air fryers. You may cook until it reaches your required texture.
Can you cook air fried chicken breast now? As I mentioned earlier, chicken can be a good source of calories. Compared to read meat, chicken contains less fat. As most of the calories come from protein, it is a healthy complement to your daily snacks. Cooking this recipe seems simple and easy but you may not be 100% perfect while trying for the first time. Don’t give up and let me know your progress through the comments.