In this article, I am going to tell you the easiest air fryer meatball recipe. Meatballs are great right? We usually fry the meatballs in a deep fryer and simmer in the sauce. Baked meatballs are also popular for special tastes. Have you ever tried to cook the meatballs in an air fryer? Air fryers are the newest addition on the countertop that can cook hot and delicious meatballs in just 10 minutes. These are better than traditional convection ovens because air fryers can cook faster.
Nutrition facts of 100g cooked meatball ( air-fried)
- Calories – 250
- Fat – 15g
- Protein – 28g
- Fiber – 0g
- Sodium – 90mg
- Carbohydrates – 0g
- Sugar – 0g
You can see from the nutrition content data that ground beef does not have any carbohydrates or sugar. The majority of the calories of ground beef come from fat. The fat includes both – saturated and unsaturated fat content. According to the study, a person should not consume more than 200g of ground beef a day to limit the consumption of saturated fat which is not good for health. Vitamin and mineral content in ground beef include zinc, iron, selenium, carnitine, and B vitamins.
The advantages of meatballs prepared with ground beef include the construction of cells. Because of the presence of high protein content, it helps construct the muscle, skin, blood, and bone. Other than this, meatballs can boost the immune system because of the presence of vitamin B and zinc. It can also help the body in hormone production.
Air fryer meatball Ingredients
- Ground Beef (1 pound): you should use lean ground beef. It will protect the meatballs to become greasy.
- Egg (1 pc): it will hold the ground meat when you are cooking it.
- Breadcrumb (1/3 cup): you should use it to make the food tender.
- Garlic (1 or 2 cloves): minced garlic will enhance the taste of the meatball. But if you do not like the taste of garlic, then you can use only a few cloves.
- Basil and oregano (1 tsp basil and ½ tsp basil): make sure these are dried and fresh.
- Chopped onion ( ½ cup): to make the meatballs taste better, use finely chopped onions.
- Milk (1/4 cup): it will make the breadcrumb softer.
- Salt as per taste
Air fryer meatball step by step cooking procedure
- To make the perfect meatballs, at first take the breadcrumbs in a small bowl and add the milk. Combine the mixture well and sit for a few minutes.
- Now add the breadcrumb mixture in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients such as onion, garlic, ground meat, basil, and so on. You need to combine the mixture well. You can use your hand or a wooden spoon.
- Now scoop the mixture into balls and place these balls on a flat plate. The size of the balls should be as per your choice but do not make these too large.
- Before you start cooking, preheat the air fryer at 400F for 3 minutes as you know that preheating is important for an even heat distribution.
- After preheating is done, place the meatballs on the food tray. Keep some space among the meatballs. If needed, cook in batches.
- Cook the meatballs at 390F for 7 to 10 minutes. If you have a meat thermometer, then you may cook until the internal temperature reaches 170F.
- You should shake the basket when you are halfway through. The cooking time may vary depending on the type of air fryer you are using.
Best air fryer for cooking meatballs
Whatever the family size is, I always suggest you prefer the best 6 QT air fryer. Higher capacity is important for cooking any recipes. If you are in a budget, then you may find some great ideas about the best affordable air fryers in our article. Some people love mobility. Therefore, a compact and small air fryer is always preferred by a single person. You may also get an idea about the perfect air fryers for a single person in our article.
Do you find this air fryer meatball recipe helpful? You may let us know through the comments. It will be helpful for us to improve our content. What I always suggest to my readers – be a better chef by trial and error. You will make mistakes, but it will make you better and better. Enjoy the food!