In this air fryer southern style catfish recipe, you will learn how to prepare this delicious dish at home. We love catfish fries because it is tasty. But is it healthy if we prepare by the traditional deep frying method? If you use your air fryer instead, you will get the dish healthy with blistered beans. And it will not take more than half an hour to complete the whole process. Let’s learn how to cook catfish fries in the air fryer.
Nutrition content in catfish ( 100g)
- Calories – 100
- Carbohydrate – Nil
- Protein – 18g
- Fat – 3g
- Omega 3 fatty acid – 240mg
- Omega 6 fatty acid – 340mg
- Sodium – 50mg
- Potassium – 20% of the daily value
- Vitamin B12 – 121% of the daily value
- Phosphorus – 24% of the daily value
- Selenium – 26% of the daily value
From the above data, we find that the main source of calories in catfish is protein. It has no carbohydrates. It is a good source of the rare element Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acid which are necessary for our brain health. Catfish is also a good source of vitamin B12 and minerals.
Ingredients For Air fryer Catfish
- Trimmed green beans – 10 ounces
- Kosher salt – ½ tsp
- Catfish fillets – 2 units
- Flour – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1 pc
- Panko – 1/3 cup
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Cooking spray
- Red pepper – optional
Procedure – How to cook air fryer catfish?
- First, you need to cook the green beans. Take the green beans in a bowl. Sprinkle the salt, red pepper, and brown sugar and use cooking spray. Now preheat the air fryer.
- After preheating is done, now add the green beans to the air fryer basket. Now cook the green beans for 15 minutes at 400°F. Do not shake the basket halfway through. After the cooking, transfer the beans in a bowl and make sure you keep it warm.
- Now we need to cook the catfish. Toss the pieces of the catfishes in flour. Make sure you coat it evenly. Now dip the coated fish into the eggs. And place it into the air fryer basket.
- You may sprinkle the other ingredients if you like. Use the cooking spray to prevent the fish from sticking to the basket.
- Now cook the fish at 400°F for 10 minutes. After cooking is done, sprinkle the toppings if you like.
What are the best air fryers for cooking catfish
Cooking catfish does not require any specialized air fryer. Therefore, when choosing the right air fryer for catfish, you should get the right one as per the size of your family. You may read our article to discover the top air fryers for a single person if you are living alone. Otherwise, you may also read our article on the size of the air fryer, if you do not know the perfect size of an air fryer according to the family size. However, you like to get a specialized air fryer, such as an air fryer with a dehydrator or an air fryer with rotisserie, then you may also visit our articles.
Do you find our article on the air fryer catfish recipe helpful? Try this recipe and let us know whether you could make it perfectly or not. If interested, you may visit our other air fryer recipes as well. I have seen that people sometimes get stuck during reheating the foods with the air fryer. Therefore, you may visit our article to know the perfect way of doing this.