If you are a camper, then outdoor grilling is one of the most exciting activities for you. The charcoal grill has a special group of lovers who love it for perfectly burnt meat with a smoky flavor. In this article, I will help you find the best charcoal grill under $100. I am going to give you a list of the top budget and inexpensive charcoal grills. You just need to go through the features and choose the one you like.
It is challenging to find a perfect charcoal grill under a limited budget. Therefore, I have tried to choose the grills which generate the best values under this price range. These charcoal grills have the features that you expect from a good quality grill such as deep interior, wooden handle, rustproof exterior, and so on. All these are easy to assemble and will give you enough cooking space.
Best Charcoal Grills Under 100 Dollars
Weber Charcoal Grill 121020 Go-Anywhere
If you like traveling and want to carry the charcoal grill with you then you should like it. Staying at home or enjoying time on the road, Weber Go Anywhere charcoal grill is the perfect choice for you. You can carry this unit in the trunk. Therefore, it will give you the utmost portability. But do not think about the feeding capacity. It will cook for you as well as for your buddy.
Now let us talk about the shape of the grill. The rectangular shape of this unit has some advantages over the conventional round shape. Apart from this, it has two ventilators on the top and another two on the side to keep the temperature adjusted.
The wind is your enemy if the lid of the grill is lightweight. Weber Go Anywhere has the porcelain enameled lid that can save it from the wind when you are grilling. But the overall weight of this unit is balanced so that you can carry it conveniently. You can cook food for 2 to 4 persons with this Weber charcoal grill.
- Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere is a suitable choice for small parties. It can cook up to 6 burgers with its in-built burger press system. It can also cook 3 to 4 medium size steak in a batch.
- This Weber charcoal grill is is small and compact. Therefore, you can carry it and cook on the go.
- The cooking grate is made of durable plated steel that retains the heat properly. The total cooking area of this unit is 160 square inches.
- Prepare your favorite hamburger and steak with a unique smoky flavor with this Weber charcoal grill.
- It is easy to clean. The surface will never suffer from peeling off the coating problem.
Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for a charcoal grill under 100$ that has smoker function as well, then the Royal Gourmet BBQ charcoal grill is the best option for you. The cooking capacity of this unit 800 squire inches. Therefore, you do not need to think about the number of guests you have to prepare the meal. It has a removable ash pan that makes it easy to dump the ashes. It also has durable wheels that make the transport easy.
The grill is specially coated which makes it possible to withstand temperature up to 400-degree Fahrenheit. If you want to monitor the inside temperature, then this Royal Gourmet BBQ grill has a temperature gauge that displays the results.
- It includes a scald proof handle. Therefore, it remains cold even if the temperature of the grill is high.
- You can fit this grill at any place you wish at your home – from balconies to patios. The design of this charcoal grill is compact and good for all places.
- This charcoal grill has a combination of offset smoker that will increase the cooking capacity to some extent. It will give you an additional 183 squire inches of cooking area.
- With the side access door, you can tend the coal and the fuel conveniently.
- It comes with great storage systems. The hanging hooks can be used to store the accessories. You can also use the underneath rank to store anything you like.
Weber 441001 Charcoal Grill
If you want the best charcoal grill within your budget then Weber 441001 is going to be a great choice. You do not need to think about the cooking capacity with this Weber charcoal grill. It can cook up to nine burgers that will serve all the members of your family and friends. The one-touch cleaning will remove the ashes and keep it to the ash catcher that is resistant to corrosion.
The grate can withstand high temperatures. Therefore, you can use this grill with direct or indirect heat. If you do not have a damper with the grill you will have difficulty in controlling the temperature. Weber 441001 charcoal grill has a perfectly designed damper to change the temperature of the grill without moving the lid. The grate is made of durable steel that is necessary for consistent cooking.
- To move the grill, this Weber 441001 is equipped with wheels. Therefore, you can move it conveniently. The wheels are durable as well.
- Cleaning the ashes so easy that you need to just use the one-touch system that shifts the ashes to the ashtray.
- It is equipped with a heat shield that will save you when the grill is too hot.
- Consistent temperature is important for cooking in a charcoal grill. Weber 441001 has porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that gives you perfect heat retaining the temperature for a longer time.
- It will allow you to cook for a small party in a single batch.
Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro
Fitting the grill in a limited space is a challenge. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro is a great solution if you are in space constraint. The total grilling space of this unit is 250 square inches. I have liked the construction of this charcoal grill that is made of heavy steel. On top of that, the grate is made of cast iron that can solve all your grilling needs.
Although it is compact, it can accommodate a whole chicken in it and cook it in the indirect heat. It can also cook five to six big size kebabs in a batch and still have some space to roast some tomatoes.
Now come to the point of portability. A grill needs to be easy to move so that you can set it anywhere you like. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro weighs only around 50 pounds. It has wheels that help you during movement. The overall dimension of this unit is good for small spaces. Ash disposal is big trouble for a charcoal grill. To make the job easy, Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro has an ash disposal tray.
- The ash pan is a great advantage of Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro. It makes the ash dumping easy for you.
- There is a storage rack under the grill. You can keep the charcoal here for future use.
- To keep the extra burger that does not fit in one batch, there is a side shelf to store the food temporarily.
- The construction of this unit is made out of good quality steel and cast iron. It is durable and heavy-duty.
- The side air ventilation system of Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro ensures the perfect air ventilation.
Weber 10020 Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill
It is a small and portable charcoal grill that can cook up to five burgers in a batch. The compact and classic design has made it suitable for enjoying the grilled foods on the go. It is so small that it can be your companion while you are traveling. It functions flawlessly without compromising your safety.
The lid and the bowl are resistant to rust. These can retain heat because of the porcelain enameled mechanism. The cooking grate is coated with a durable steel alloy. Therefore, it retains the heat longer time. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe is suitable for cooking steaks, chicken, vegetables, and roasts. It is great for a picnic and small parties. To stabilize the grill, it has three legs that are made of high-grade aluminum. The ash catcher is also made of aluminum.
To protect your hands from burning, the handle is made of glass-reinforced material. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe charcoal grill can be cleaned and assembled with ease. The assembled dimension of this unit is 14.5 x 14.25 x 17 inches. The diameter of the cooking is 14 inches. Considering all these features, it is a preferred option as a best budget charcoal grill.
- Weber 10020 Smokey Joe charcoal grill is made of high-quality metal alloy. The manufacturer uses high-grade aluminum, steel, and porcelain-enameled lid to give this unit longevity.
- Price is a great advantage of this Weber charcoal grill. With an affordable price, you will also get 10 years of warranty for the lid and the bowl.
- The ash catcher is made of rustproof metal that is easy to clean.
- It is lightweight and portable. Therefore, this Weber charcoal grill is one of the preferred choices for the persons who love on the go grilling.
- With the damper, you can control the temperature of this Weber grill.
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
If you are a fan of a cast iron grill then this one is going to be the perfect suggestion. It is best for grilling, BBQ parties, tailgating, and outdoor parties. The manufacturer is producing this special type of cast iron grill since 1896. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill is well known for its charcoal hibachi. You may put the coals from the behind of this unit where there is a flip-down door. You can also adjust the height of this unit as per two preset heights.
The cast iron made Sportsman’s Grill is a great choice if you want the perfect sear. You will enjoy using cast iron in many ways. It is easy to clean. You can use your hand to clean the grill with a mild soap solution. The drying of this unit is also very easy. Just use a paper towel or a soft cloth and wipe gently. The cast iron that has been used to manufacture this Sportsman’s Grill is already seasoned. There more you use it, the more it will be seasoned.
- The full body of this unit is constructed with seasoned cast iron.
- The heat retention of this Lodge charcoal grill is better than that of the competitors. Therefore, the consumption of coal is also less.
- With the sliding system, you can control the airflow.
- Lodge charcoal grill will give your higher longevity if you use it with care.
- You can cook five to six large size burgers and two to three steaks in a single batch.
Pizzacraft PC7001 PizzaQue Deluxe
Are you a pizza lover? If yes then you can prepare pizza at home with this charcoal grill. With this wood-fired pizza oven, you can reach a high temperature of around 900F. The smoky flavor of the food is a bonus for you. It is so fast that it needs only five minutes to cook your pizza. If you already have a kettle grill then this unit can convert it into a pizza oven.
For perfect cooking, you need an evenly distributed heat. Pizzacraft PC7001 is equipped with a cordierite baking stone that absorbs the heat from the hot spots and keeps the heat distribution uniform. Apart from charcoal, you can run this grill with wood and similar kind of fuels. Find the below advantages that make it logical as the best inexpensive charcoal grill under 100.
- You can convert your grill to a pizza oven with this unit.
- Cook your favorite pizza with incredibly fast speed. It may take only 5 minutes to complete the cooking.
- You are not confined with only charcoal as a fuel. You can use any other similar type of fuel such as wood.
- It includes a folding pizza peel. With this useful equipment, you can transfer the pizza without any hassle.
- It comes with a 12 inches pizza pan and pizza screen. To clean the stone, you will get a stone brush as well.
VENYN Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for a budget-friendly charcoal grill within $100 then VENYN Original Kettle charcoal grill is one of the best choices. It is light and you can carry it to the places such as the farmhouse, beach or any other outdoor locations. To make the transport easy, it comes with two durable wheels. You can assemble this unit easily and instantly. The porcelain-coated lead and bowl are just perfect to retain the heat for a long time.
- The cooking grate of the VENYN Original Kettle grill is made of durable material. Therefore, it cooks evenly with uniform heating.
- It is small. Therefore, you can carry it wherever you wish.
- It has a good ventilation system that allows you to control the heat conveniently.
- VENYN Original Kettle charcoal grill is a versatile product. You can cook different kinds of items such as meat, vegetables, desserts, burgers, and so on.
- It is equipped with an aluminum-made ash catcher. You can remove the ashes with the help of a one-touch cleaning system.
Char-Griller E22424 Charcoal Grill
A great option for charcoal grill lovers is Char-Griller E22424. The cooking grates of this unit are made of cast iron. With the high-end steel constructed body, it has 250 square inches cooking space. It includes a sliding drawer that makes it easy to access the charcoals. With this unit, you can dump the ashes easily because of the presence of the dump pan and safe handle that protects your hands from heat.
- The cooking space of 250 squire inches is large enough for the whole family.
- With Char-Griller E22424, you can remove and dump the ashes easily.
- If you want to control the heat, then the adjustable dampers can help you a lot.
- High-quality materials have been used to construct Char-Griller E22424. The grates are made of cast iron. Apart from this, high-quality steel has also been used to manufacture this unit.
- Char-Griller E22424 is versatile. You can convert it from a charcoal grill to a smoker. However, if you change it once, you can not revert.
Cuisinart CCG190RB Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for a charcoal grill that provides an even heat distribution with a limited budget, then Cuisinart CCG190RB is a great solution. It is a portable charcoal grill. Therefore, it can be a great companion for you if you love traveling. The cooking rack of this Cuisinart charcoal grill has a surface area of 150 square inches. Therefore, it will be able to accommodate a higher amount of food as per your needs. The cooking rack is chrome plated to give it longevity.
If you have used charcoal grill previously then you know that charcoal management is a hassle. This Cuisinart charcoal grill has a dual venting system that makes your life easy. You can control the temperature quite conveniently. If you want to feed five to six persons at a time with burgers, then it can cook all of these in a single batch.
- The most prominent advantage of this Cuisinart charcoal grill is portability. It is small enough to carry with you when you are camping. It can be a great complement to your leisure.
- The dual venting system will help you the most for controlling the temperature and cooking perfectly.
- To make sure that you can transport it safely, it has lid locks to stabilize the grill.
- The firebox of this Cuisinart charcoal grill is enamel coated. To ensure safety, it also has a mess-free ash catcher.
- It is an ideal solution for campers and travelers who prefer charcoal grills. It can cook for five to six persons in a single batch.
Do you now have enough idea about the best charcoal grill under 100 dollars? Each of the products I have reviewed has its unique qualities that have made these grills so popular. The price of these charcoal grills ranges from around 30 to 100 dollars. Therefore, I believe that budget will not be a constraint for you if you want to purchase a quality charcoal grill.