Do you know how to prepare air fryer steak? In this article, I am going to teach you how you can cook the juiciest steak using your air fryer. But why should you even cook it in a complicated method if you have your traditional pan? I will also discuss the reason. If you are not a change taker, then you may follow your old method. I am also going to discuss the nutrition facts of steak. Therefore, it will help you determine the optimal quantity of steak that is good for health. After the read, I hope you will able to cook your steak with the air fryer if you are a beginner.
Nutrition facts of Steak
Before we go into detail of the recipe, let’s find out the health benefits and nutrition facts of steak. However, the nutrition content will vary depending on the type of meat, the preparation process, and so on. For a generalized discussion, below is the nutrition facts of 85 g of grilled beef.
- Calories – 180
- Carbohydrate – 0 g
- Sugar – 0 g
- Fiber – 0 g
- Protein – 25 g
- Fat – 7.5 g
- Sodium – 60 mg
- Water 60 %
Steak is higher in calories. It contains no carbohydrate, sugar, and fiber. The fat content in beef depends on the quality of the cow. For example, grass-fed beef contains more fatty acids than total fat. If you cook the steak with butter, then the fat and calory content will be higher. Beef is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin B12, B6, phosphorus, iron, selenium, zinc, and sodium.
As you see that beef is a good source of protein, it can be a good source for us. Steak can also help us regain muscle and recover from injury. Zinc is essential for our immune system. But be careful about the amount of steak you are taking. Doctors advise us not to take more than 13 gm of saturated fats a day. Although steak contains less fat than that of ground beef.
Why prepare steak on air fryer?
You can cook it in different ways – cooking on cast iron or cooking on a grill. So, what are the advantages of cooking this in your air fryer? Below are some points.
- Cooking your steak in an air fryer is strictly controlled. That means you can perfectly guide the temperature and time which is not possible in other methods. Therefore, you can get the perfect output as per your taste.
- When you are cooking it with your air fryer, you just have to flip it once when it goes halfway. You do not need to constantly monitor it. Therefore, you are free to do anything when the air fryer is cooking it.
- Other cooking instruments are not always available. For example, you can not readily prepare the steak with the grill. On the other hand, the air fryer is always ready.
Ingredient – Air Fryer Steak
- 8-10 oz of steak
- ¼ teaspoons of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Remove excess fat from the steak. You can pull it off by using the knife. Bring it at room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 3 to 5 minutes. Preheating is important not only cooking steak, but also anything you cook in an air fryer.
- Rub the olive oil and seasoning ingredients all over the steak. Make sure that the seasoning is uniform. After it is done, place the steak into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook it at 400°F for 7 to 10 minutes. When you are halfway, do not forget to flip the steak. Otherwise, the other side will not be cooked properly.
- Some air fryers, for example, Power Air Fryer XL has a preset cooking function. But I would prefer to set the parameter manually. Because with the preset cooking setting, you may overcook the steak.
It is easy and simple, right? Try it with your air fryer and let me know how it tastes. You may be 100% perfect in your first attempts. But do not give up and keep trying. If you find my air fryer steak recipe helpful, you may share it with others. You may also share your experience with us through the comments. Happy cooking!