Are you looking for a recipe that is full of nutrition with limited calories? You can try something with broccoli. In this article, I am going to demonstrate you how you can cook roasted broccoli with an air fryer. If you have an air fryer at home, then you are already producing foods with low calories. This recipe will add you to a new item that you can prepare to change your taste.
Nutrition content of broccoli
Below is the nutrition content in 1 cup or 90 gm of raw broccoli –
The carbohydrates of broccoli come from sugar and fiber. It high in fiber that is important for the digestive system. Therefore, if you want to lose weight, then broccoli can be the perfect food for you. Compared to other vegetables, it is richer in protein. Broccoli contains around 30% protein of its dry weight.
Other than the above nutrient contents, broccoli contains vitamin C, vitamin K1, potassium, magnesium, iron, and folate. These minerals and vitamins are important for heart and bone health. Potassium is helpful to control blood pressure.
Air fryer roasted broccoli recipe has three main ingredients – broccoli, olive oil, and seasoning ingredients. Therefore, it is one of the most inexpensive dishes that you can prepare for your dinner.
Broccoli – I would prefer more of the florets than the stems. Florets of the broccoli are tastier and easier to cook. Therefore, try to take fewer stems if you want an even and uniform cooking. I am not mentioning the quantity. You can take as much as you wish as per the size of the cooking basket of your air fryer.
Olive oil – Air fryer does not need a lot of oil to cook. You may require one or two tablespoons of olive oil to cook this dish. I prefer olive oil because it is healthier than other refined vegetable oils.
Seasoning ingredients – red pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder will suffice for seasoning the broccoli. However, you can add or subtract any other ingredients that taste good to you.
Process – how to cook air fried roasted broccoli?
Follow the step by step process as below-
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Try to use the florets that are small and even in size. If you take larger florets, then steam it in the oven for a few minutes to prevent the stems from hardening.
- Take the broccoli in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and all the seasoning ingredients as per your taste. Toss the bowl to make a uniform coating around the broccoli.
- Add ½ cup of water to the cooking basket of the air fryer. It will prevent the air fryer from producing smoke while cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at 400°F. It is important to ensure even cooking.
- Take the seasoned broccoli on the basket of the air fryer. Cook it for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- You can cook frozen broccoli directly from the freezer. It has some extra water that will not cause any problems during cooking. Rather, the water will prevent the air fryer from producing smoke.
- Shake the food basket every 3 to 4 minutes to make sure uniform cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. If you are using a 2-quart air fryer, it will not accommodate a lot of broccoli. If you need to sever more than 2 persons, then cook in multiple batches.
- Initially, when you load the broccoli in the basket of the air fryer, it may seem crowded. When you start cooking, it will shrink.
- If you want to prepare garlic parmesan broccoli, then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese in the seasoning ingredients. Other than this, the recipe is the same as before.
- What will be the best air fryer to cook this recipe? There is no definite answer to this. But you can explore the best Ninja air fryers.
Have you already tried this with your air fryer? Nobody is a pro chef from the first day. You may mess in your first few attempt but do not be heartbroken. If you find this recipe helpful, you can share it with others. You can also share your cooking experience with us through the comment section. Happy cooking!
- How to roast in an air fryer?