Instant Pot Duo and Ultra both are popular pressure cookers and multicookers from Instant Pot. They have so many features in common that it is difficult to compare them. In this article, I am going to make a comparison between Instant Pot Duo and Ultra multicookers. After reading this comparison, the users will be able to understand which model is the right choice for them.
|Features||Instant pot duo||Instant pot ultra|
|Model||7 in 1||10 in 1|
|Max. Capacity||8 quart||8 Quarts|
|Dimension (inch)||14.8 x 13.18 x 10.4||14.8 x 13.5 x 14.2|
|Weight||10.14 lbs||15.7 lbs|
|Color Varients||S/S + Black||S/S + Black|
|Control Panel||Digital Push||Digital + push button|
|Suitable for||5 Persons||8 persons|
Comparison of the features
Comparison of cooking functions
|Cooking Functions||Instant Pot Duo||Instant Pot Ultra|
From the table above, we can see that both of the models have 7 cooking functions in common – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and saute.
Instant Pot Duo has 7 cooking functions altogether. Instant Ultra has all these 7 functions with 3 additional functions – sterilize, bake, and ultra program.
Instant Pot Duo has 3 different size variants – 3, 6, and 8 quarts. The 3-quart variant is good for a single person or a family with 2 persons. The other 2 variants are suitable for larger families.
On the other hand, Instant Pot Ultra also has exactly the same size variants as the Duo. Therefore, none of the models is a winner in this respect.
|Built-in smart program||14||16|
|Steam release auto reset||X||✓|
Advantages of Instant Pot Duo over ultra
- The price of Duo is far cheaper than Ultra.
- The comperative value for money of Instant Pot Duo is good.
- Other than these, Instant Pot Duo has advantages that are common to Ultra.
Advantages of Instant Pot Ultra over Duo
Advantages over Instant Pot Duo
- It has steam release auto reset feature that is absent in the standard DUO model.
- The number of cooking function is 10 where Instant DUO has 7.
- It includes with more safety feature.
- The control panel of Instant Pot Ultra is more advanced.
- It has more preset temperature and and built-in program.
- The release date of Ultra is later than Duo. It means Ultra has more advanced technology.
Which one is better?
Instant Pot Ultra is undoubtedly a better option than Instant Pot Duo. It has additional safety and cooking features. Although the price is also higher for the additional advantages. I have already mentioned the features that you are going to avail of from these two Instant Pot pressure cookers. Therefore, the decision is yours. If you find that the additional feature of Ultra is of no use for you, then Duo will be a good option either. Because of the lower price, the value for money of Duo is high.