Instant Vortex is a popular name in the air fryer industry. They have quite a number of air fryers in their product basket. Among them, Instant Vortex, Pro, and Plus are three models that are quite confusing for consumers to decide on. They have similarities and dissimilarities in many aspects. They also have some subtle differences that are hard to understand. In this article, I am going to differentiate Instant Vortex, Vortex Plus, and Pro air fryers. After reading this article, you will be able to decide on which one of these three is going to be a better deal for you.
|Features||Instant Vortex||Instant Vortex Plus||Instant Vortex Pro|
|Model||4 in 1||7 in 1||9 in 1|
|Capacity||6 quarts||10 quarts||10 quarts|
|Dimension (inch)||14.92 x 12.36 x 12.83||13.23 x 13.23 x 14.37||13.23 x 13.78 x 14.37|
|Weight||12.08 lbs||19 lbs||17.53 lbs|
|Temperature||120F to 400F||95F to 400F||90F to 400F|
|Color Varients||Black||S/S + Black||S/S + Black|
|Control Panel||Digital Touch||Digital Touch||Digital Touch|
|Suitable for||5 persons||8 persons||8 persons|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Instant Vortex is a 6-quart air fryer. It is suitable for a medium-size family. On the other hand, Instant Vortex Plus and Pro have a basket capacity of 10 quarts each. An air fryer with this size of basket is suitable for families of any size- small or large.
Although Instant Vortex 4 in 1 is the smallest of the three models we are discussing, it has the most powerful heating element. The rated power of this element is 1700W whereas the rated power of the heating elements of the other models is 1500W. The powerful heating element ensures faster and uniform cooking.
Control panel and preset function
All of these three models have digital touch control panels. The pro version has a maximum of 8 preset cooking functions. Cooking presets include air fryer, roast, broil, reheat, dehydrate, and rotisserie. Vortex and Vortex Plus have 4 and 6 cooking functions consecutively. The cooking functions of the Vortex standard model include bake, reheat, roast, and air fry. More cooking functions are better for beginners while setting the temperature and timer.
The Pro and Plus have similar temperature ranges of 95F to 400F while the standard version has a range of 120F to 400F. Wider temperature range allows cooking versatility. For example, a lower temperature will allow the air fryer to dehydrate. Therefore, the Pro and Plus versions can dehydrate foods.
Value for money
The Vortex Plus model has the most value for money in my opinion. It has almost all the functions of the pro version but costs significantly lower than that model. On the other hand, the standard version costs around 30 bucks lower than the Plus model. I still think the Plus variant will be a better deal.
Advantages of Instant Vortex air fryer
- It is relatively compact and small. Therefore, suitable for a small family having little space on the countertop.
- It is relatively cheaper than the other variants.
- The 4 in 1 version has the most powerful heating element among all these three variants. Therefore, it cooks faster.
Advantages of Vortex Plus air fryer
- The 7 in 1 model has the most value for money.
- It has rotisserie option. Therefore, you can cook the whole chicken in it.
- The temperature range is wider than the standard version.
- It has dehydrator function. Therefore, you can dehydrate your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Advantages of Vortex Pro air fryer
- The 9 in 1 model has the most number of preset cooking functions.
- It is user-friendly. Therefore, it is suitable for beginners.
- It has rotisserie and dehydrator function as like the Plus version. However, if you are looking for a standalone dehydrator, then read this article.
- The cooking capacity is suitable for a large family.
Instant Vortex, Vortex Plus or Pro – Which one is the winner?
The bottom line is, I’d decide on Instant Vortex Plus if I were the user. The reason is that it gives me the most value for money. It has almost all the cooking functions that the Pro version has. On the other hand, Instant Vortex Pro has a couple of more functions than the Plus version. It will be a good option either if you are OK with spending a few bucks more. Instant Vortex regular version is also good for you if you are living in a smaller family with a small kitchen and you are not a fan of rotisserie and dehydration.