Ninja is a popular name in the air fryer and convection oven industry. It has quite a number of Foodies that provide similar features and functions. Ninja Foodi SP101 and DT251 are among the models that people get confused about. In this article, I am going to compare Ninja DT251 and SP101 so that you can find out the subtle differences of these Ninja Foodies.
|Features||Ninja SP101||Ninja DT251|
|Capacity||25 quarts ( approx)||up to 12 lbs of turkey|
|Dimension (Inch)||19 x 7.6 x 15||17.09 x 20.22 x 13.34|
|Weight||18.57 lbs||33.8 lbs|
|Temperature||90F to 450F||90F to 450F|
|Power||1800 W||1800 W|
|Cooking Presets||Dehydrate, toast, air fry, air crisp, keep warm etc||Dehydrate, roast, toast, broil, reheat, pizza, bagel etc|
|Color Variants||Black/stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Control Panel||Manual knob||Digital touch|
|Suitable for||8 people||10+ people|
|Smart cook system||Not available||Available|
Both of these Ninja foodies have sufficient cooking capacity to cook in large batches. The cooking capacity of SP101 is around 25 QT. On the other hand, DT251 has almost twice the capacity of its counterpart. Therefore, if you are looking for a large capacity oven, then DT251 will be better.
Weight and dimension
The volume of Ninja DT251 is almost double that of SP101. The weight of DT251 is also almost twice its counterpart. Therefore, if you do not have enough space on the countertop, then you should think about SP101. Otherwise, if you are preferring DT251, then see its dimension and be sure whether you have enough space in the kitchen for this appliance.
Temperature range and cooking presets
Both of the Ninja foodies have a wide temperature range of 90F to 450F. Therefore, they have enough cooking options. SP101 has 8 cooking presets including air fry, keep warm, broil, bagel, dehydrate, toast, roast, and bake. On the other hand, DT251 has cooking presets including dehydrate, roast, toast, broil, reheat, pizza, bagel, pizza and bake. Therefore, if we compare the cooking functions, there is not much difference between these two models.
The functions of SP101 are controlled by a manual knob. On the other hand, DT251 has a fully digital control panel. You can select the cooking presets, temperature, and time with a digital touch control pad. Therefore, if you are not tech-savvy, then the manual panel is better for you. Otherwise, DT251 will be a more advanced option.
Smart cooking system
Ninja DT251 has a temperature-controlled cooking system. Therefore, you can monitor and control the temperature while cooking a temperature-sensitive recipe. It is a unique feature of an air fryer and convection oven. SP101 does not have this feature.
Advantage of DT251 over SP101
- It has an extra large cooking capacity. Therefore, whatever the number of family members you have, you will never fall short of food.
- The temperature controlling feature is a great advantage of DT251.
- It came to the market later than its counterpart. Therefore, it is an updated version of the convection oven from Ninja.
- It has more preset cooking functions than SP101. Therefore, it is more suitable for the persons who do not know how to set the cooking parameters manually.
- It has a fully digital control panel.
Advantage of SP101 over DT251
- SP101 is comparatively smaller in size. Therefore, it is suitable for a small kitchen.
- It is comparatively cheaper than its counterpart.
- The control panel is equipped with a manual knob. Therefore, it is a better option for elderly persons.
- Although its cooking capacity is less than DT251, the heating element of this unit is equally powerful.
Ninja SP101 or DT251 – Which one is the winner?
Considering the above features and specifications, Ninja DT251 is clearly ahead of SP101. The smart cooking function, temperature controlling system, higher capacity, and digital display are some of the features that you will not get in SP101. However, the value for money of SP101 is not bad either. It is considerably less expensive than its counterpart. Therefore, if the features it provides are sufficient, then it is not a bad deal either.