Ninja and COSORI are the two most popular air fryers in the market. Therefore, when someone decides to get an air fryer from any of these brands, there are so many things to consider before making the final decision. In this article, I am going to differentiate Ninja and COSORI air fryers. After the read, I think the readers will have a clear perception of all the attributes that differentiate these two brands.
Comparison at a glance
|Attributes||Ninja Air fryer||COSORI Air fryer|
|Number of models||Quite a lot||around 10 models|
|Most popular models||FD401, AF101||Max XL|
|Special feature||Stainless steel or glossy finish||Shake reminder|
|Available capacity||From 4 quart to XL capacity||From 3.4 quart to 32 quart|
|Color||Black or stainless steel finish||Black, Silver|
|Dehydration option||Available for most models||Available ( Larger models)|
|BPA Free Feature||Not specified||Available (Max XL)|
|Digital or Manual||All with digital control panel||Both available|
|Rotisserie function||Not available||Available|
|Temperature range||105 to 450 degree for most models||80 to 450 degree|
|Stainless steel feature||Available||Available|
Difference between Ninja and COSORI air fryer
Number of models
Ninja has quite a number of air fryers in its basket. The basic models are arf 101 and arf 161. The other models of Ninja air fryer include almost all the Ninja foodies with air frying option. These are quite popular models and can cook in multifunctional modes. Ninja foodies can be used as pressure cooker. You can use these as a dehydrator and as an air fryer as well. Another kind of Ninja air fryer comes with the toaster oven combination. These are of higher capacity and can be used as a toaster oven as well.
Like Ninja, COSORI has also so many models in its basket. But broadly speaking they have 5.8 quat variant, convection oven combo variant and some smaller models. It doesn’t have any models like Ninja foodies with so many cooking options.
Both Ninja and COSORI have a quite large temperature range. Almost all the Ninja models have a lower temperature of around 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, they can be used as a dehydrator. On the other hand, only the bigger models of the COSORI air fryer and convection oven have dehydration function.
The highest temperature you can get from almost all the Ninja air fryers is 450 degrees Fahrenheit. On the other hand, most of the COSORI air fryer will give you the highest temperature of around 400 degrees Fahrenheit except for the bigger models that give you 450 degrees Fahrenheit temperature at most.
All Ninja air fryers have a digital control panel. You do not have a manual control panel option for this brand. On the other hand, COSORI has both manual and digital control panel for all sizes- from 3.7 quat to convection oven models. Therefore if you have senior citizens who find the digital functions complicated then the COSORI air fryer can be a good option.
Rotisserie and dehydration
The convection oven models of Ninja air fryer does not have the rotisserie function. However, you can cook the whole chicken with it with no issue. On the other hand, the bigger models of COSORI air fryer have the rotisserie function. Therefore, I would say COSORI is the winner in this case.
If you like dehydrated food a lot and want to make most of your dehydrated foods at home then I’d say you have a lot of option from Ninja. Almost all the Ninja air fryers have a lower temperature of around 100 degrees. Therefore you can dehydrate anything with almost all Ninja models. On the other hand, very few COSORI air fryers have dehydration function. Therefore you should be one hundred percent sure about the temperature range while choosing from COSORI.
Stainless steel or glossy finish, multi cooking functions and ceramic coated basket are the good features of Ninja air fryer. On the other hand, the shake reminder function is a feature of the COSORI air fryer that we will not find in most other brands.
The equivalent price of Ninja is a little bit higher than its counterpart. For example, the 4qt Ninja will cost you around a hundred bucks. A similar COSORI model will cost you around 70 to 80 dollars. The price of the air fryer and toaster oven combo of both brands is equivalent.
Popular models: Ninja and COSORI side by side
Ninja Air Fryer
|af161||5.5 QT||roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, reheat|
|SP101||Unspecified||roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, bagel, toast, keep warm|
|DT201||Unspecified||roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, reheat, bagel, toast, keep warm, pizza, whole roast|
|af101||4 QT||roast, dehydrate, bake, reheat|
|FD401||8 Quart||Pressure cooker, slow cooker, broil, dehydrate|
COSORI air fryer
|Max XL||5.8 QT||Preheat, keep warm|
|Large XL||3.4 QT||Preheat, roast|
|CO130-AO/ 12in1||32 QT||Pizza, roast, toast, bagel, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment, keep warm|
|Stainless steel||5.8 QT||Preheat, roast|
|CO125-TO 11 in 1||26 QT||Pizza, roast, toast, bagel, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment, keep warm|
|3.7 manual||3.7 QT||Air fry|
|14 in 1 Large||7 QT||toast, dehydrate, bake, roast, preheat, keep warm|
Advantages of one brand over the counterpart
Advantages of Ninja over COSORI
- The overall design and finishing of Ninja are far better.
- Ceramic coated plate is a unique feature of Ninja.
- Foodies are multi-cookers where you can have different types of cooking options.
- Almost all models of Ninja come with a wider temperature range.
- You can dehydrate food with all models of Ninja air fryers and foodies.
Advantages of COSORI over Ninja
- COSORI is a little inexpensive.
- Both manual and digital models are available.
- More options to choose from within the budget.
- Bpa free materials have been used.
- Air fryer and toaster oven combo models have rotisserie function.
Comparison among air fryer and toaster oven models
If you are looking for an air fryer and toaster oven combination then I think Ninja is a clear winner. Below are small descriptions of all the combo models available in Ninja and COSORI air fryers.
- Wide ranges of functionality such as roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, bagel, toast, keep warm.
- Pan area is more usable than comparable models of other brands.
- Automatic preheat function available.
- Baking is more even compared to similar models of other brands.
- The shape of the air fryer and toaster oven is compatible with a smaller countertop.
- The stainless steel built body of the air fryer makes it look elegant.
- This model is also made of stainless steel. It looks far better than the comparable models of COSORI.
- 10 cooking functions available – roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, reheat, bagel, toast, keep warm, pizza, whole roast.
- 1800 watt cooking element is so powerful. Therefore, it cooks faster.
- Three times more capacity than the previous Ninja model.
- Food pans provided with this model are enamel coated.
COSORI 12 in 1 air fryer and convection oven – CO130-AO
- The overall design is ok but not better than Ninja.
- Rotisserie function is available which is not available in Ninja.
- A smart control option available using a mobile phone enables you to monitor cooking status remotely.
- Cooking functions include pizza, roast, toast, bagel, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment, keep warm.
- Price, built design and material are equivalent to the similar Ninja models.
- Read the full review on COSORI 12 in 1 air fryer.
- It is a low budget option for the air fryer and toaster oven combination.
- The cooking option includes pizza, roast, toast, bagel, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment, keep warm.
- It is made of premium stainless steel material.
- Overall capacity is lower than the 12 in 1 model.
- The control panel is manual. Therefore, it is easy to use. Although it has an LED display.
- It has four different cooking elements to ensure even cooking.
Comparison among the standalone models:
- This air fryer is a good option for one person or a small family.
- The basket size is 4qt that is suitable for cooking in small batches.
- Cooking functions include roast, dehydrate, bake, reheat.
- The cooking basket is non-stick and ceramic coated that is a healthy option.
- The highest temperature that you can get with it is 400-degree Fahrenheit.
- Read the full review on Ninja AF101.
- The 5.5-quart capacity is suitable for cooking in large batches.
- It is suitable for small to medium-sized family.
- Cooking options include roast, broil, dehydrate, bake, reheat.
- The temperature range of this unit is 105-degree to 450-degree Fahrenheit.
- Like the previous model, it also has a ceramic coated basket that is non-stick and healthy.
- Read the full review on Ninja AF161.
COSORI 3.7 qt manual
- This one is suitable for a single person or a small family.
- It can perform only the basic air frying.
- The manual model is suitable for elderly persons who are not tech-savvy.
- The price of this unit is far inexpensive than the comparable Ninja model.
- The air crips technology ensures quick and even cooking.
- There is a digital 3.7 qt model of COSORI. You may read the detailed review of this unit.
Max xl 5.8 qt
- It is the most popular basic air fryer model of COSORI.
- The 5.8 quart basket is suitable for cooking for medium to large families.
- Cooking functions include preheating, keep warm along and other basic options.
- It cannot dehydrate like compatible Ninja models.
- The shake reminder is a special feature of this unit that reminds you to check the basket to ensure uniform and crisp cooking.
- Read the full review on COSORI 5.8 qt air fryer.
Ninja or COSORI – which one is the winner?
Both Ninja and COSORI air fryer models have their own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, it’s very much difficult to make any particular brand winner. It is completely the buyer’s discretion. Long story short, if you have a little bit more money to spend, then Ninja will be a better option. But again Ninja does not have so many options if you like a stand-alone air fryer. Therefore, you should study all the models, know about the features and then make your decision.