Nuwave and Ninja both are two popular air fryer brands. Both of them have quite a number of air fryer and convection oven models in the product basket. In this article, I am going to compare Ninja and Nuwave air fryers. After reading, you will know what features and specifications of these two air fryers are similar and what are different. I think it will help you make a better decision.
Ninja Foodi SP101 vs Nuwave Bravo XL
SP101 and Nuwave Bravo XL are two popular air fryers and convection ovens. Both of them have similar features. Before discussing further, let’s find out the specifications of these two kitchen appliances.
|Features||Bravo XL||Ninja SP101|
|Capacity||30 QT||25 quarts ( approx)|
|Dimension (inch)||20.2 x 16.5 x 11||19 x 7.6 x 15|
|Weight||16.23 lbs||18.57 lbs|
|Temperature||50F to 500F||Not Specified|
|Color Varients||Glossy Silver||Black/Cinnamon|
|Control Panel||Manual+Digital||Manual knob|
|Suitable for||8+ persons||8 people|
Both of these convection ovens have similar cooking capacities. Bravo XL has slightly more volume than that of SP101 with a capacity of 30 quarts. The capacity of these convection ovens is enough for cooking for a large family. As this feature is similar for both of them, no one is a clear winner in this respect.
Although the temperature range of SP101 is not specified, it can perform low temperature cooking such as dehydrate and high temperature cooking such as air broil and air crisp. On the other hand, Bravo XL can lower the temperature as low as 50F and as high as 500F. Therefore, considering this feature, I think Bravo XL is the winner.
Ninja SP101 has 8 preset cooking functions including air fry, roast, broil, bagel, and so on. On the other hand, Nuwave XL has 12 preset functions including dehydrating, grilling, toasting, baking, reheating, defrosting, and many more. If you do not like to set the cooking parameter manually, then Nuwave XL will be the better choice.
Digital temperature probe
Nuwave Bravo has a smart temperature controlling feature. It has a digital probe that can control the temperature that you set for a specific recipe. Therefore, it can save the food from overcooking. Ninja Foodi SP101 does not have this feature.
Features in common
Ninja SP101 and Nuwave Bravo XL have heating elements with exactly the same power rating of 1800W. A heating element with a higher power rating will cook faster. Therefore, none of these convection ovens is a clear winner.
Both of the air fryer and convection ovens have almost the same capacity. Therefore, they are suitable for a large family having 8 persons or more.
Both of them have a manual control knob with a digital display. I would say both of them are user-friendly and good for the elderly. Bravo XL has few more control buttons than the SP101.
Ninja Foodi SP101 or Nuwave Bravo XL – which one is the winner?
Comparing all the features, I think Nuwave Bravo XL will be the better choice. It has a smart temperature controlling system that is absent in its counterpart. Bravo has a wider temperature range, more cooking presets, and a bit more cooking capacity. All these extra features you are getting with an expense of a little less amount of money compared to SP101.
But Ninja Foodi SP101 is not far behind Nuwave Bravo. Therefore, if you are obsessed with the brand Ninja, then you can opt for it with no confusion.
Ninja Foodi XL Pro DT201 Vs Nuwave XL
These are another pair of convection ovens that we often become confused to pick from. Before comparing these two, let’s see the specifications side by side.
|Features||Bravo XL||Ninja XL Pro DT201|
|Capacity||30 QT||up to 12 lbs of turkey|
|Dimension (inch)||20.2 x 16.5 x 11||17.09 x 20.22 x 13.34|
|Weight||16.23 lbs||33.63 lbs|
|Temperature||50F to 500F||90F to 450F|
|Color Variants||Glossy Silver||Stainless steel|
|Control Panel||Manual+Digital||Digital touch|
|Suitable for||8+ persons||10+ people|
Features in common
Both the air fryer and convection ovens have almost similar cooking capacities. Both of them are suitable for a large family.
Both of the convection ovens have a wide range of working temperatures. Both of them are capable of cooking at a very low temperature as well as at a high temperature.
Both of the convection ovens have a powerful heating element having a rated power of 1800W. Therefore, both of them can cook pretty fast.
Ninja Foodi XL Pro has 10 cooking presets where the counterpart has 12. Both of them have almost similar cooking presets. Therefore, if you are not convenient with selecting the cooking parameters on your own then both of these models are good for you.
Advantages of Ninja Foodi XL Pro over Nuwave Bravo XL
- DT201 is made of stainless steel. It is the main advantage of this convection oven over its counterpart.
- It has slightly more cooking capacity than Nuwave Bravo.
- The control panel of DT201 is another great advantage over the counterpart. It has fully digital control panel.
Advantage of Nuwave Bravo XL over Ninja Food DT201
- Nuwave Bravo has a great value for money. It has almost all the features of its counterpart with a significantly lower price tag.
- Bravo has a smart temperature controlling system that is absent in DT201.
- It has a little more cooking presets.
Ninja Foodi DT201 vs Nuwave Bravo XL – Which one is the winner?
After considering all the points that I have discussed, it is clear that Nuwave Bravo XL is the ultimate winner of these two models. It has a great value for money and a temperature controlling system.
Ninja DT201 is the winner if you do not consider the price in your judgment. It has a premium look with a stainless steel body. It has almost all the features that you expect from a good quality air fryer and convection oven. Therefore, it will not be a bad deal either if you are Ok with spending some extra bucks.
Nuwave Brio 15.5 Quart Vs Ninja DT251 Air Fryer
Now let’s compare another pair of popular air fryer and convection ovens. Although these two models are not similar, they are so popular that we are discussing their features and specifications.
|Features||Ninja DT251||Brio 15.5 QT|
|Capacity||up to 12 lbs of turkey||15.5 QT|
|Dimension (inch)||17.09 x 20.22 x 13.34||13 x 15.4 x 16.9|
|Weight||33.8/ lbs||26 lbs|
|Temperature||90F to 450F||100F to 450F|
|Color Varients||Stainless steel||Black|
|Control Panel||Digital touch||Digital|
|Suitable for||10+ people||6 persons|
Advantages of Nuwave Brio 15.5 Quart Air Fryer
- The cooking capacity of this Brio air fryer is huge. It is not a convection oven. Therefore, 15.5 quart is a large capacity air fryer compared to other comparable models.
- The temperature range of this Brio air fryer is 90F to 450F. Therefore, it has versatile cooking options.
- It has rotisserie and dehydrate functions that you will not find in the conventional air fryers.
- It has 100 programmed presets. Therefore, it is a good option for the persons who do not know how to set the temperature and time manually.
- It is integrated with a temperature probe that will allow you to control your desired temperature precisely.
Advantage of Ninja DT251
- Ninja DT251 has all the features that the DT201 model has. In addition, it has the temperature controlling feature.
- It has a considerably large cooking capacity.
- The body of this unit is made of stainless steel. Therefore, it looks premium.
- It has a wide temperature range that will allow you to cook many different recipes.
DT201 and DT251 are two similar air fryer and convection oven models of Ninja. To find out the differences between these models read our article.
Ninja Max XL Vs Nuwave Brio 6 Quart air fryer
Ninja 5.5 quart Max XL air fryer and Nuwave Brio 6 quart air fryers are two standalone air fryer models that we can compare. These two models have almost similar features and specifications. Therefore, they are worth comparing.
|Features||Ninja Max XL||Brio 6 QT|
|Capacity||5.5 Quart||6 QT|
|Dimension (inch)||14 x 11 x 14.75||11 x 14.5 x 13.5|
|Weight||11 lbs||15 lbs|
|Temperature||105F to 450F||50F to 400F|
|First Arrival||Jul 5, 2019||Jun-2017|
|Color Varients||Black/ Gray||Black|
|Control Panel||Digital Touch||Digital|
|Suitable for||4 people||4 persons|
Advantages of Ninja XL over Nuwave Brio 6 QT air fryer
- Ninja Max XL is a comparatively newer version of air fryer than its counterpart. Its release date is ahead of the Brio 6 QT.
- Ceramic coated basket is a unique feature of Ninja air fryer. Therefore, it is easy to clean and a better option in terms of food safety.
- It has 7 preset cooking functions. This number is good for a standalone air fryer.
Advantage of Nuwave Brio 6 QT air fryer over Ninja Max XL
- This Nuwave air fryer has a smart temperature controlling system. Therefore, you can get the temperature that you set.
- The value for money of this unit is great compared to that of Ninja. It is comparatively cheaper yet provide almost all the features that Ninja Max XL provides.
- Brio 6 quart air fryer has slightly higher capacity and a heating element with slightly higher power rating.
Ninja Max XL or Bro 6 QT air fryer – Which one is better?
Comparing all the above features, I think Nuwave Brio 6 quart air fryer will be a better choice. The value for money of this unit is great. It has a smart temperature controlling system. The temperature range of this air fryer is also great.
On the other hand, Ninja Max XL AF161 is also a good option but a little bit pricey. The ceramic coated basket is a unique feature of this unit. But it does not have a precise temperature controlling option.