In this article, I am going to discuss the air fryer cupcakes recipe. The weekend is the best time to enjoy family time. You can sweeten the family relations during these free times with delicious cupcakes. If you have kids, they are going to like it the most. Some of you may think that you need a traditional convection oven to prepare it. Interestingly, if you have a little air fryer in your kitchen, it will be good enough to prepare cupcakes of all shapes and sizes.
Making cupcakes in air fryer requires patience. It may not be as exciting as cooking other easy recipes. It may require to customize the recipe as per one’s personalized taste. You may add or subtract the cooking time to get the exact texture you want. Because you are eating it, you can prepare it as per your wish. That is the advantage of cooking a dessert at home.
Nutrition facts of air fryer cupcake (1 pc)
- Calories – 105 cal
- Protein – 3 gms
- Carbohydrate –16 gms
- Fats – 4 gms
- Fiber – 2 gms
Nutrition content in a cupcake will vary depending on the ingredients you use. For example, you may use spelt flour or white flour or any other type of flour. Nutrition facts will vary in each case.
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 3 pcs
- Flour – 2 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 ½ cups
Process – How to prepare cupcakes with air fryer
- At first, you need to set the egg and butter at room temperature.
- Now prepare your cupcake mold. You will not get it as a free accessory with the majority of the air fryers. You may purchase it as per the size of the cooking basket. Spray cooking spray of the mold.
- Take a large bowl. Now mix baking powder, salt, and flour. Add sugar, butter, and egg and combine everything well.
- Now add milk and vanilla. Mix until the batter is completely combined.
- After you have prepared a uniform mixture, you can spoon it into the cupcake mold.
- Before you spoon the mixture into the mold, you should preheat the air fryer with the mold for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Now place the mold into the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes. When the time is up, take a toothpick and set it through the cupcake and put it back. If you see that toothpick is clean, it means you are done with cooking. If you see it is not clean, then cook for another 3 minutes.
- All air fryers will not cook in the same way. Because of the difference in the power of the heating element, the cooking time may vary for different air fryers. Therefore, you may add or subtract cooking time as per the requirement.
The size of the molds can be a determinant of cooking time. Therefore, set the lowest time and increase the time as per need using the toothpick method.If you see that the cupcake is rising unevenly during cooking, then you should lower the temperature around 15°F to 20°F.
If you are using a silicone mold, then you should lower the cooking time than usual. Silicone molds are smaller than traditional paper mold or other kinds of cupcake molds. Therefore, adjust the cooking time as per the size of the mold.
Best air fryer for the cupcake recipe
If you are a regular baker, then you need a big size air fryer. Therefore, it is better to choose an air fryer and convection oven combo. You can read our review on COSORI 32 qt air fryer with a convection oven. Another good example of a multifunctioning air fryer is Cuisinart AFR-25 if you are in a budget and prepare cupcakes frequently.
If you do not have enough space on the countertop, then you may choose Ninja AF161 air fryer. It is a 5.5 qt air fryer. Therefore, it will be suitable for a large family. For single persons, Dash compact air fryer will be the best option for preparing cupcakes.
Do you find my air fryer cupcake recipe helpful? You should try it now and surprise your kids. If you need to add any special ingredient into it, then try and see the difference in taste. Cooking is an art. Make your cupcake as you want.