In this article, we will try to find out the best commercial meat grinder from thousands of available options in the market. We have researched every possible model that can be a good option for commercial use. After comparing the features and customers’ reviews, we have shortlisted the top 5 and presented the comprehensive review for the readers so that they can make a better decision.
The meat grinder was first used by the German back in the 19th century. At that time, a hand cranking system was used to cut the meat into pieces. The small pieces of meat are further used to grind with a metal plate having small holes. The final product that passed the coarse hole became ground meat. As time passed by, we have developed the meat grinding system day by day and now today we can grind thousands of pounds of meat per hour with an electric commercial meat grinder.
At the very beginning of the article, we will be discussing the differentiating attributes of a commercial meat grinder that differentiate it from a residential meat grinder. After that, we will discuss various types of commercial meat grinders so that you can understand your specific need. After that, we will comprehensively review our top 5 commercial meat grinders. Finally, we will give you some purchasing guidelines and end up with some FAQs.
We independently recommend the best products and may earn commissions if you purchase through our links.
Best Commercial Meat Grinder – Our Top Pick
|Kitchener #32||23.8 x 10.9 x 18.3||#32||1100 W||75 Lbs||1080 Lbs/H|
|WESTON #12||22.2 x 16.4 x 12.6||#12||560 W||48.2 Lbs||540 Lbs/H|
|SuperHandy #8||19.7 x 9 x 16||#8||370 W||39.6 Lbs||480 Lbs/H|
|Happybuy #22||20.1 x 16.4 x 11.4||#22||750 W||51.5 Lbs||375 Lbs/H|
|Hakka Brothers #32||26.4 x 24.8 x 16.1||#32||735 W||Not found||710 Lbs/H|
Kitchener Electric Meat Grinder #32 [Editor’s choice]
Kitchener is renowned for producing heavy-duty commercial-grade meat grinders. Out of ten different models they have in the market, almost all of these are made for frequent usage in the restaurant and butcher’s shop. Therefore, this company has become a specialist for supplying commercial meat grinders and they know their specific customer segment better than others.
- Size: #32
- Dimension: 23.8 x 10.9 x 18.3 inches
- Wattage: 1100 W
- Weight: 75 lbs
- Maximum Output Speed: 1080 lbs/H
- A brand for commercial meat grinder: Kitchener is a specialist for commercial grade meat grinder.
- Fast operational speed: The speed of operation is 18 lbs per minute which is super-fast.
- Air-cooling motorized system: The motor of this unit is integrated with an air cooling system to ensure the lowest maintenance and noise-free operation.
- Steel-made gear: Instead of plastic, the gears of this machine is made of steel that has given it a robust structure.
- Circuit breaker: To ensure the safety of the machine, it is equipped with an in-built circuit breaker.
- Stainless steel body and accessories: Cutting plates, knives, stuffing tube and all other important parts of this unit is made of stainless steel that prevents it from rusting and ensures longevity.
- Reverse motion: Both forward and reverse option included that ensures comfortable cleaning.
- Too heavy: Due to the use of steel, the weight of the unit is too much.
- A bit pricey
This unit works great for heavy commercial use. If you want to grind the bones for preparing your dog food, it can also support you the best. Therefore, you can use it in the residential kitchen if you are not bothered by spending some extra bucks. On top of that, if you think that you need a smaller meat grinder having a similar facility to this model, you can purchase #22 or other smaller size machines. As we mentioned earlier, Kitchener produces commercial-grade meat grinders and they are specialists in this field, this machine will be the best commercial meat grinder for you if it fits your intended use.
WESTON BUTCHER SERIES #12 [Best for Soft Bones]
Weston is a popular name for kitchen appliances. They have meat grinding products of varying ranges. Butcher series is the commercial-grade meat grinders of the company. After researching so many factors of different models, we have found Butcher Series #12 to be the best of Weston’s commercial meat grinders that ranked in our list of top commercial meat grinders.
- Size: #12
- Dimension: 22.2 x 16.4 x 12.6
- Wattage: 560 W
- Weight: 48.2 Lbs
- Maximum Output Speed: 540 Lbs/H
- Permanently lubricated motor: 560 W motor of this machine is integrated with an air cooling system that ensures smooth running. The manufacturer claims that it will last a lifetime.
- Fast output speed: Specially designed head of this unit gives you fast operational speed. The maximum output speed of 540 lbs/H is more than enough for heavy residential and medium commercial use.
- Precise gear design: The gear of this unit is made of steel unlike the mediocre brands make their gear with plastic. The gear is precisely designed to ensure noise-free smooth operation.
- Easy clean: It is easy to disassemble. Therefore, you can clean and store with ease.
- Plastic made accessories: Some accessories are made of plastic instead of S/S.
- No reverse: Only forward motor motion available that has frustrated us.
Considering all the aspects, we ranked this machine as the best heavy-duty meat grinder for bones. It can be the best solution for pet food making with soft bones. On the other hand, it can also be a good solution for light commercial uses in the butcher’s shop or in a small restaurant kitchen.
SuperHandy Meat Grinder #8 [Best for Light Commercial]
SuperHandy is a renowned name for producing home and commercial appliances. This company does not have so many models of meat grinders. After we researched, we concluded this #8 meat grinder as one of the top options for commercial usage.
- Size: #8
- Dimension: 19.7 x 9 x 16
- Wattage: 370 W
- Weight: 39.6 Lbs
- Maximum Output Speed: 480 Lbs/H
- Pan and neck size: Considerably larger than other comparative meat grinders that made it a better option for commercial use. Because of the bigger pan, you can put larger meat on it that saves you time and make your job comfortable and fast.
- Food-grade stainless steel: Body and the parts of this unit is made of food-grade S/S metal. This has made the machine anti-corrosive and rust-protective as well.
- Dishwasher friendly: Because of the use of high-grade metal, this unit is dishwasher safe. No need to think of peeling off the surface.
- Accessories: A good number of additional components come with this machine. These components are made of stainless steel as well.
- Elegant design: Easy and simple design of this machine looks premium to us.
- Storage box: To make sure that you can organize your accessories accordingly, this unit has an inbuilt storage box that is a rare feature of a meat grinder.
- Reverse speed: This unit does not have a reverse motor speed that can help the most during unjamming the meat.
- Lower motor power: Although it is a commercial meat grinder, the motor power is not tremendously high but doable.
This is a commercial meat grinder having excellent built quality. But the operational speed is not that high for industrial use. Therefore, we would recommend this item for light commercial use. This can be the best commercial meat grinder for grinding bones and making pet food. The lower price of this unit has made it affordable for residential use as well.
Happybuy Electric Meat Grinder #22 [Best Value For Money]
Happybuy is not only reputed for their high-quality kitchen equipment, but they are also the supplier of different kinds of home and outdoor tools. Comparing the #22 meat grinder with other comparable models in the market, we have found it to be one of the top commercial meat grinders.
- Size: #22
- Dimension: 20.1 x 16.4 x 11.4
- Wattage: 750 W
- Weight: 51.5 Lbs
- Maximum Output Speed: 375 Lbs/H
- Retention of the taste of the food: The spiral extruder of this machine is specially designed so that it can retain the taste of the ingredient that is passed through. This is an exclusive feature of this unit.
- Powerful 1 HP motor: This machine is integrated with a high power motor that is made out of high-quality copper. The manufacturer claims that it is so robust that it will last a lifetime.
- Food-grade material: The body and parts of this unit are made of food-grade steel.
- Easy to assemble: Individual parts of this unit are easy and quick to assemble and disassemble. It is easy to handle and operate.
- Good value for the money: The price of this unit is reasonable compared to other equivalent models. Therefore, the value you will get at the price is superb.
- Grinding bones: This unit can grind soft bones of chicken comfortably. A good option for preparing pet food.
- The maximum output is not good enough for heavy commercial use. Although it is not an issue if you use it for your kitchen at home.
- Replacement parts are not easily available.
Apart from the maximum operational speed, this meat grinder is excellent. This can be used for residential and commercial kitchens at the same time. This is the best meat grinder that will give you maximum features and utility per unit amount of money you spend. For light commercial use and heavy residential use, this item can be a perfect choice.
Hakka Brothers TC Series#32 [Best for heavy commercial]
Hakka Brother is a renowned name for kitchen appliances. They are specialized in industrial-grade equipment. TC-32 is the most robust and powerful meat grinder in the company. We think this one is the best option for you if you look for a sturdy meat grinder in the market.
- Size: #32
- Dimension: 26.4 x 24.8 x 16.1
- Wattage: 735 W
- Weight: Not found
- Maximum Output Speed: 710 Lbs/H
- Higher output speed: For heavy industrial use, the speed of work is important. This TC-32 will give you considerably high speed that will suffice for any kind of commercial use.
- Equipment-safety: Integrated with circuit breaker to save to motor from abrupt electricity.
- Easy clean: Outer surface is coated with high-grade stainless steel. You can clean it with dishwasher or liquid detergent without thinking of any surface damage.
- Good for a large amount of feed: This is a size #32 meat grinder. The diameter of the feeding tube is large enough to intake a good amount of meat and process faster.
- Premium small parts: Even the screw of this machine is made of shiny looking steel that has made this unit sturdy.
- Reputed brand: The brand is specialized in supplying commercial kitchen equipment and trusted by many.
- Customer support should be faster in responding to the customer’s problems.
- Spare parts are not easily available.
The TC series meat grinders of Hakka Brother are great for heavy commercial use. If you want a lighter machine having the same design and similar function as the #32 model, then you have an option for choosing from #8 to #22. All these will give you a similar experience only having lower motor power and a smaller feeding tube. However, TC-32 will be the best commercial meat grinder for heavy use in our opinion.
One of the major differences between a residential and commercial meat grind is the usage frequency. In a restaurant, a meat grinder is an accessory that is used every day. On the contrary, we use a meat grinder once or twice a week at our home. Because of the using intensity, a commercial has to be sturdy. It has to be built with high-quality metal alloy, preferably with food-grade stainless steel. Also, check whether the small parts, gears, and even the screw are made of high-quality metal or not.
Quantity of meat to grind
Many of us may like to use a commercial meat grinder for home. Those who put convenience in their priority, do not bother spending an extra few bucks to buy a heavy machine. But do you need a super heavy-duty meat grinder for your home? Let me give you an example. A light commercial grade meat grinder can grind a whole deer (small size) in just 5 minutes. I do not think that you need any more for your kitchen at home. But what about for heavy commercial use? In that case, we recommend you measure the amount of meat that you need to grind a day and then take the decision.
Speed is probably the most important aspect that people look for in a commercial meat grinder. With a commercial meat grinder that is good for a residential kitchen only, you can grind at least twice as much as you grind with a regular ordinary meat grinder. That is a lot of speed. Therefore, you probably will not need it anymore. Check the speed of operation before the purchase and match it with your purpose. A meat grinder that is good for heavy commercial use, can grind even more than a thousand pounds of meat per hour. If you need more than this amount, try using an industrial-grade meat grinder.
I mentioned that commercial meat grinder is of three types in terms of utility- residential, light commercial, heavy commercial. Therefore, you need to find out which kind of meat grinder you need. If you are looking for a meat grinder for a butcher shop, you need a light commercial unit. Therefore, when you know what you need, you can spend money accordingly.
Accessories and attachment
Attachment is more relevant for a residential kitchen. Therefore, if you are looking for a commercial-grade meat grinder for residential use, you should carefully check whether the grinder you want to purchase has all your required accessories. Because of the reason that attachments are not important in commercial places, the majority of commercial meat grinders do not focus on these small parts. But if your intended use is commercial, then you should not think much of it.
I hope our buying guide will help you make a proper decision.
Bonus Tips and tricks
- Keep the meat into the refrigerator. Only take the meat out of the refrigerator when you are going to grind the meat.
- There are many good quality knife sharpeners in the market that you need to purchase. Sharpen the cutting blade of the grinder very often, preferably before every use. You will enjoy a smooth grinding experience if the cutting blade is sharp enough.
- Lubrication is important for moving equipment like a meat grinder. Use a good quality lubricant which is important for the longevity of the machine. Do not forget to use a food-grade lubricant.
- A commercial meat grinder is not usually stored for a long time, but if needed use desiccators. These will absorb the moisture and keep your machine fresh and free from rust.
- When you cut the meat into pieces to prepare for grinding, try to keep the pieces evenly sized.
- Before and after using, pour the components of your commercial meat grinder into sanitizer.
- Almost all the commercial-grade meat grinders are made of stainless steel which is dishwasher safe. If in case your meat grinder is not made of S/S, use diluted mild detergent for washing.
- Keep all the small parts of your commercial meat grinder into the freezer before the operation and cool these up.
- Always remember that a commercial meat grinder can not grind hard bones. Although soft chicken bones are doable, hard bones may cause serious damage to your machine.
Differentiating Attributes of a commercial meat grinder
Two features that are mandatory to become a commercial meat grinder- sturdiness and high operational speed. To make a meat grinder fit for commercial use, manufacturers focus on these two features the most.
A residential-grade meat grinder can weigh 20 to 40 lbs where commercial-grade meat grinders have a weight ranging from 40 to 80 lbs. This clearly shows the fact that a commercial meat grinder is made of heavy material and thus sturdy and strong. Because in the restaurant or butcher’s shop, there is a lot of activities. Therefore, a meat grinder in a butcher shop needs to withstand a lot more load than that of a residential meat grinder. Stainless steel is considered to be of higher quality
It is very obvious that you will consider the speed of the meat grinder as a qualifying factor. A commercial meat grinder has an operational speed from 350 lbs/H to a thousand lbs/H as per our observation. However, the meat grinders which are capable of grinding meat faster than a thousand lbs/H are industrial grade as per our consideration.
Classification of meat grinder
Based on the intensity of work, we can divide commercial meat grinder into four categories-
Commercial grade for residential use
Many of us love to use commercial-grade appliances at home for working with ease and convenience. Some of us live in big families. Therefore, need an extra powerful machine. For an avid hunter who likes to grind the meat by himself at home, a powerful meat grinder is necessary. A commercial-grade meat grinder that is suitable for residential use is lower in price and has lower motor power, hence less operational speed.
A local butcher’s shop which does not have customers in the queue so often, a restaurant that is not very big might be a good example of a place that needs a light commercial meat grinder. According to our observation, a light commercial meat grinder can have a maximum speed of 700 Lbs/H that is sufficient for light commercial purposes.
A large restaurant or a large butcher’s shop which has customers’ queues almost all the time needs to have a meat grinder with a higher speed. The motor of this unit has to be super smooth as well. Therefore, as per our observation, these kinds of places need a meat grinder that has an operational speed of more than 700 Lbs/H.
Food factories and large meat processing places need an industrial-grade meat grinder. These places may need to process tons of meat per hour. Therefore, factories need different kinds of meat grinders that are quite gigantic. We have not reviewed these kinds of meat grinders in our article.
|Type||Applicable Industries||Suggested Speed|
|Heavy Residential||Frequent meat eater families, Avid hunter||250-350 Lbs/H|
|Light Commercial||Small to medium restaurants, butcher shops||350-700 Lbs/H|
|Heavy Commercial||Medium to large restaurants, butcher shops, small meat processing factories||700-1000 Lbs/H|
|Industrial||Meat processing/Food factories||1000+ Lbs/H|
What is the most important aspect of a commercial meat grinder?
A commercial meat grinder has to be strong to withstand frequent uses. It has to have enough operational speed as well. These two aspects differentiate it from a residential meat grinder. To make it strong, a high-quality metal alloy is widely used. Not only the body, but the motor of the meat grinder also needs to be extra powerful to produce high speed.
Can I use a food processor for commercial meat grinding purposes?
Food processors work best for fruits and vegetables. These are not even good for simple residential meat grinding purposes. A food processor is only good for occasional meat slicing.
How to prepare the meat before grinding?
Whether for residential or commercial, before grinding the meat, it has to be kept in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will make the meat hard which is important for a better grinding experience. The small parts of the meat grinder also need to cool down before operation.
What to do if I leave a commercial meat grinder for long without using?
Meat grinders made for heavy and frequent usage are made of high-quality metal alloy. However, if you need to store it for a long time, it has to be dried up well before storing it. I recommend using desiccants that will absorb the moisture and keep the metal-free from moisture.
Can a commercial-grade meat grinder grind hard bones?
Commercial meat grinders can not grind hard bones. Trying to grind the bones of cows or deer can cause permanent damage to the machine. However, you can grind the soft bones of chicken with no question.
How to choose a sturdy meat grinder for residential use that will give a better experience?
For a better experience of meat grinding at home, you need a machine that is somewhere between a commercial and residential grade. A residential meat grinder can deliver meat at about 200 lbs/H. But for a better experience, you need a machine that can deliver you an output speed ranging from 250 to 350. If you want a stronger machine, then you must need to spend a huge sum of money.
Can I make pet food with a commercial meat grinder?
The commercial meat grinder is good for making pet food. It can deal with chicken; even soft turkey bones can be doable with it. You can prepare fertilizer for the plants with dried bones as well. However, never try to grind hard bone with any kind of meat grinder.
What kind of meat grinder do I need for a small butcher shop?
We recommend a light commercial meat grinder for a small butcher shop or a small restaurant. No harm, if they use a higher capacity machine but using a light commercial unit will save a good amount of money and perform the job perfectly as well.
How much speed should a commercial meat grinder have?
A commercial meat grinder for heavy use needs operational speed ranging from 700 to 1000 lbs/H. I believe that this is enough speed for operating a large butcher’s shop. However, for industrial use, this might not be sufficient. We use industrial meat grinders in meat processing factories which are so much expensive.
How to choose a sturdy meat grinder that will last long?
Two factors dictate whether your meat grinder will last long or not. The first one is the alloy that is used to build the body and small parts. Another one is the quality of the motor. Stainless steel is the most durable metal alloy that is widely used for producing commercial kitchen appliances. A high-quality motor will have the substantial horsepower to grind the meat. It also has to have an automatic cooling system because a commercial meat grinder will have to work for a long that will produce heat.
If we wrap up the whole story, first you need to know exactly for what reason you need a commercial meat grinder. A meat grinder of commercial-grade is widely used in residential kitchens, in the butcher’s shop, in restaurants, and in the food factories. Considering the customers of all levels, meat grinder manufacturers produce commercial meat grinders that have varying capacities and features. Therefore, when you know your need, you can choose your machine perfectly. We have discussed in our article the criteria you should consider before making your decision. Follow our guidelines. Considering different types of users, we have ranked the best commercial meat grinders in varying categories. I hope that will help a lot.
Thanks for the read. I appreciate your comment regarding your experience with the meat grinder. I would love to know from you and share it with others. If you find this article helpful, you can also share it with others. Have a good day!