Dehydrated bananas are one of the easiest recipes that you can prepare with your air fryer. In this article, I am going to guide you on how you can dehydrate bananas in an air fryer. Not all air fryers can dehydrate foods. You need a good-quality air fryer with a dehydrator option to dry up bananas. At first, I am going to discuss the nutrition facts and health benefits of this popular fruit so that you can understand where does it stand according to your health condition. After that, I will show you the dried banana recipe.
However, if you do not have an air fryer that dehydrates, then you may also find some awesome dehydrator recommendations for bananas in this article.
Nutrition facts of a medium-size banana ( 100g)
Banana is full of carbohydrates. The type of carbs of ripe bananas is mainly sugar. Unripe bananas contain starch. When it starts to ripen, starch also starts to convert to sugar. A fully ripe banana contains only 1% starch and full of sugar. Other than these, banana is a good source of vitamin and mineral. It contains vitamin B6 and C. Mineral content contains potassium that is helpful to reduce blood pressure. Banana is also a good source of antioxidants. Overall, banana is good for heart diseases and digestive health.
You need only one ingredient for this easy recipe – Banana. However, it is recommended that you also use a little bit lemon juice.
- Banana – 2 medium size
- Lemon juice – as per need
Process – How to Cook Dehydrated Bananas
- Peel the ripe bananas.
- Cut the bananas into thin pieces. Make the slices as thin as possible.
- The thinnest pieces of the banana will have a thickness of 2mm to 4mm. If you want to cook faster, then follow this thickness.
- You can also cut the slices having a thickness of 5mm to 8mm to have a medium dry time.
- If you want to prepare banana chew, then cut to slices with a thickness of 9mm or more.
- After you have done with slicing, rub the lemon juice on each side of the banana slices. It will save it from overcooking.
- Place the slices of the banana on the cooking basket. The best air fryer with a dehydrator should have racks having 3 different layers. Place the bananas on each of the racks.
- Never overcrowd the bananas and arrange them in one layer.
- Not it’s cooking time. Set the temperature of the air fryer at 130°F and cook for 6 hours. You can adjust the cooking time as per the crispiness and taste you prefer.
- If you want softer bananas, rub or spray cooking oil on the racks of the air fryer. It will prevent the bananas from sticking to the racks.
- You can add additional sweets to the bananas to make them tastier.
What are the best air fryers for making dehydrated bananas?
You may have noticed that the banana dehydration process requires a temperature of around 130°F. You cannot reach this temperature with a regular air fryer. Therefore, you need an air fryer that has a dehydration option. I can suggest three different kinds of air fryers that can serve you this. Ninja AF161 is an example of a regular coffeemaker like an air fryer that has the lowest temperature of 90°F. It has multi-level racks as well. The best recommendation is the GoWise 17 Qt air fryer. You may read our full article about this model here. It has 5 layer racks for the proper arrangement of your sliced food. It has also rotisserie option and other multi-cooking functions as well.
Alternatively, you may also check the best dehydrators for newcomers if you want to dehydrate on large scale.
You can also read our article to know about the top 5 air fryers with dehydration function.
- How to dehydrate strawberries in air fryer?
- How to dehydrate tomatoes in air fryer?
- Dehydrate pears in air fryer.
- Dehydrate grapes in air fryer.
- Prepare dried pears in air fryer.
I think now you can prepare tasty dehydrated bananas with your air fryer by yourself. If you find any difficulty, you may let us know through the comments. If the bananas get sticky, you may increase the cooking time. I do not recommend you to increase the temperature. It will destroy the nutrition facts. You cannot store the banana chips for a longer time if it is cooked at a high temperature. Also, you have to remember that banana is high in calories. Therefore, do not eat more than 2 banana or equivalent chips a day.
1 thought on “How To Dehydrate Bananas In Air Fryer?”
I gotta favorite this web site it seems extremely helpful invaluable