A meat grinder is an essential kitchen appliance. The majority of the kitchen has this appliance for different purposes. Many of us do not know what we can do with the milt grinder. Sometimes we have questions from the users whether they can grind vegetables, fish, cheese, potatoes, or cooked meat in a meat grinder. In this article, I am going to answer all the questions regarding what you can grind in a meat grinder.
Can you grind vegetables in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can. Almost all the meat grinders – expensive or inexpensive, can you grind vegetables. Below are the points to consider while you are grinding the vegetables with a meat grinder.
How to grind vegetables in a meat grinder?
- Put a juice extractor below the tube of the grinder.
- You need to cut the vegetables into pieces while putting the vegetables on the grinding plate.
- Give the vegetables are high in fibre then cut them into small pieces.
- Choose the grinding plates of different sizes to get your desired output.
Can you grind corn in a meat grinder?
Can you grind fish in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can. You can grind fish with any kind of meat grinder. When you are grinding fish below are the points to be considered. Apart from cooking some great food items we often use the meat grinder for preparing fish chum.
How to grind fish in a meat grinder?
- Cut the fishes into small pieces.
- Chill all the seperate parts of the meat grinder before grinding operation.
- Do not directly put chilled fishes into the meat grinder. Cool them for about 30 minutes before grinding.
- Not all meat grinders can crash fish bones. Therefore, choose the right grinder for gridning fish bones.
Can you grind cheese in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can grind or grate cheese with a meat grinder. Almost all the meat grinders will grate cheese. However, follow the below simple processes. You can grind mozzarella, jack, or any other cheese with the grinder.
How to grate cheese with a meat grinder?
- You have to attach the finest grinder plate to grate cheese.
- Keep the cheese in the refrigerator before the operation so that it becomes harder.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces with a kitchen knife.
- Run a few pieces of bread slices after grating is done. It will help you clean the grinder.
Can you grind cooked meat in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can. Almost all the meat grinders can grind cooked meat. Below are the processes that you need to follow when you grind cooked meat in the meat grinder.
How to grind cooked meat in a meat grinder?
- Take the cooked meat on a chopping board.
- Chop the meat into cubes. Take the bones out of the meat.
- Place the chopped meat on the grinder.
- Take away the ground meat from the output and place more meat cubes on the grinder.
You can grind bone, potatoes, fish, meat, and fruits with almost all meat grinders. However, the griding process of different food items will vary. Therefore, whatever the brand is, you can try grinding almost any kind of food with your meat grinder if the process is all right. It is still better to have a sturdy meat grinder such as LEM #12 meat grinder.