Ground meat is one of the favorite items for food lovers around the whole world. Ground meat is very popular as a prime ingredient for many kinds of yummy dishes such as burger patty, sausages, meatballs, etc. There are different kinds of kitchen gadgets to make perfect ground meat. Although the most popular way to grind your meat is by using a good quality meat grinder, people use many other kinds of different appliances such as a kitchen knife, kitchen hammer, food processor, blender, etc.
Meat Grinder Vs Blender
The meat grinder and blender both are very popular and useful kitchen appliances that can do various kinds of tasks in our kitchen. Generally, we use a Meat grinder for mincing meat, crashing nuts, mixing, juicing, and even powdering the food. On the other hand, we use Blender for juicing, making the smoothie, mixing food, etc. Therefore, we can say that a meat grinder and a Blender are quite similar. But there are some particular differences between a blender and a meat grinder. To identify the differences, let’s see the attributes of these two different appliances.
- Meat Grinder is one of the most powerful machines of your kitchen appliances.
- It contains plates of varying sizes. Therefore, you can control the size of the output as per your needs.
- A meat grinder is a great appliance to make sausage, burger patty, and meatball.
- We can also use it for grinding bones to make animal food.
- You can also prepare ground vegetables of the perfect size for yummy soup.
- Generally, blenders are used for simple mixing and juicing.
- If you remove hard tissues, bones, and fat, blenders can grind soft meat as well.
- Blenders are low-powered machines than meat grinders.
- There is no reverse button in a blender.
- The function of a blender is much easier than that of a meat grinder.
So, blenders can grind your meat when the meat is slightly frozen, and cut it into pieces without tendons and bones. Blenders don’t give you the perfect texture as you wish. Read our article on the differences between a meat grinder and a food processor.
Grinding Meat In A blender
Is it possible to grind meat with a blender? It’s a common query for many people. The funny thing is sometimes the answer is Yes but sometimes the answer can be No. Because it depends on the quality of your blender. If you have a heavy-duty blender, you can use it to grind your meat. Blender can be the best option if you aren’t making ground meat frequently. Find some blenders that will grind meat below. You can also customize the search and find an appropriate blender for you.
You may read how to blend in a food processor.
If you don’t have a meat grinder but still want to make ground meat for your favorite food, you can use your blender. The quality of the output depends on the quality of your blender. You can grind both- raw or cooked meat in the blender. Grinding the cooked meat is much easier than grinding raw meat. Below is the process of grinding raw meat in a blender.
Step 1: Take a sharp knife to remove bones, skin, extra fat, and connective tissue from the meat.
Step 2: Cut the meat pieces as evenly and uniformly as possible. Try to cut the piece about an inch or so in size.
Step 3: To ensure the perfect temperature during the grinding process you should keep it in a bowl of ice or a cold metal bowl.
Step 4: Take a small amount of meat into your blender jar. Fix the lid properly. Switch the blender on. Run it for 10 to 30 seconds. Continue the process until you have got the desired texture.
Consideration during grinding meat with a blender
- Cooldown the meat into the freezer for at least 30 minutes before grinding with your blender.
- Do not expect perfectly sized meat while grinding it with your blender. You might get pasty-meat as a final output.
- Do not try to grind meat with a blender if the blender is not sturdy enough. Otherwise, the blade may get damaged permanently.
- Do never try to grind bones with your blender. Try a heavy-duty meat grinder for bone meal preparation.
- Cut down the meat into small pieces before you mince it with your blender. A blender does not have a reverse option. Therefore, if it gets stuck, it’ll be difficult to fix it.
What are the best blenders for grinding meat?
As I mentioned earlier, you can grind meat with a blender if it is sturdy. After extensive research, I have found that the below models are the best for grinding meat.
Ninja Professional Grade
- It comes with an 1100-watt motor that is enough powerful. Higher motor power is necessary for grinding meat.
- There are three different speeds that you can choose for different purposes.
- The accessories and parts of this Ninja blender are dishwasher safe and BPA-free.
- It has 6 blades assembly that crushes the meats in minutes.
- Other than meat, you can use it for preparing drinks.
- It is a commercial-grade blender. It is suitable for grinding meats and other heavy foods such as ice.
- The motor power is 1800W which is quite high. A powerful motor is better for grinding hard foods.
- It has BPA-free and stainless steel-made parts and accessories.
- You can use it for multiple purposes such as grinding, blending, chopping, crushing, and so on.
- Use this blender for a variety of items – from frozen foods to hot soups.
Suggested meat grinder for perfect texture
As I mentioned earlier, you need a meat grinder to get the perfect texture of the output meat. If you already have a blender, then you may not wish to spend a lot of money on it. Therefore, below are some suggested models that will cost you less with higher values.
Twinzee electric meat grinder
- The 1500W motor is very much capable of grinding your meats with a perfect texture.
- It comes with a lot of accessories such as grinding plates, blades, sausage stuffer, and so on.
- This Twinzee meat grinder is a perfect choice for you if you are grinding your meats with a blender but now want to get a meat grinder to do the job at the cheapest price.
- All the parts and accessories are easy to assemble and disassemble. Therefore, you can clean it conveniently after using it.
- It is a BPA-free meat grinder. Therefore, you are safe from any kind of toxicity.
ALTRA meat grinder
- The motor power of this meat grinder is 2000W at maximum load. At regular operation, its power rating is 350W which is quite satisfactory.
- You can grind 2 lbs of meats per minute. With a blender, you must not get this amount of speed.
- It has been manufactured with high-quality stainless steel, aluminum alloy, and other food-grade materials.
- This Altra meat grinder has both forward and backward speed options. Therefore, no tension if the meats get stuck. You can easily clean it up.
- It has a built-in storage box to organize the accessories.
I think now you know the answer. Decide correctly while you are choosing your appliance. If you need frequent meat grinding, choose a sturdy meat grinder. Or of occasional meat grinding, you may use your blender. But in that case, do not try it with a flimsy one. Therefore, my recommendation is to get a powerful one to use for both purposes. If you like this article, please share it with your community. You can also tell us any of your kitchen experiences through the comment section. Have a good day!